Tuesday, June 5, 2012

To Tweet or Not to Tweet

Let's talk about me and Twitter. I know a little about Twitter. I know it's popular with celebrities, and that they (celebrities) are always either a) saying stupid things, b) getting into fights with other celebrities, or c) all of the above. This did not endear me to the concept. So when I saw the quest to create a Twitter account I became very frustrated. I was therefore very relieved to be told that I only had to complete four of the six quests (ie. I could choose not to select the Twitter quest). But then I looked at the other five quests and to be completely honest, am not happy with any of them. They all involve using some sort of web site to communicate with the rest of the world. Podcasts, glogs, youtube, YUCK! So I felt sorry for myself for a few minutes and then I just decided what the hell. I am going to do all of the quests and once and for all join the 21st century. I don't promise to like any of it but I'm at least going to try and keep an open mind about all of it. So I have signed up for Twitter (my username is @cattabitha) and will be tweeting throughout the duration of the class. On to the next quest!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Cat !! I remember you saying that you were anti-twitter and that you would be skipping this quest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true that celebrities and worse use Twitter to broadcast vacuous comments hither and yon. But Twitter is also used by institutions, professionals and various experts to connect to others interested in their goals or ideas. So you may find that there are people on Twitter who you really want to follow.

    ReplyDelete